Towards Free/Libre Open Source Software (“FLOSS”) Governance in the Organisation

Richard Kemp


According to a Gartner survey, 85% of companies use FLOSS and the remaining 15% are expecting to use it in the next 12 months. However, there is still a disconnect between uptake and effective governance. This article articulates a practical approach towards implementing sensible, proportionate FLOSS governance focusing on the governance documentation concerned, and proposes a three level approach where the output of internal governance discussions are statements of Strategy, Policy and Process.



Law, governance, processes, policy

Full Text: